Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the journey begins

So, we've officially begun the health/fitness thing. AKA- I refuse to gain any more post-wedding padding and plan to get rid of any I have plus more. I don't expect you to particularly care, of course, but on ocassion I may post a recipe or something that turns out well (if nothing else then for my own benefit). The plan is to eat approximately 1200 calories per day-- Slimfast for breakfast (it's quick and easy), sandwich and little chip bag or whatever for lunch, and cook a healthy dinner-- walk/jog Delta 2 miles daily, and workout at least 5x a week. We shall see.

Michael and I bought ourselves an early Christmas present: the Kinect sensor for Xbox360 and a fitness program to go with it. It is surprisingly good so far! Whooped my tushie. Boy do I feel out of shape- a video game wore me out. It sure does beat going to a gym, though... and of course it's way cheaper in the long run.

The past two nights we've had salmon and Asianly broiled veggies, and chicken taco salad. I can't post recipes because I rarely use them (I don't like paper telling me what to do)... but I really need to start writing stuff down. I make awesome salmon, if I do say so myself.

Enough about that. In the past few weeks I've taken a mini trip to Branson with Mom and Memaw, done a lot of Christmas shopping and decorating, subbed a lot, and spent a week on the beach with my family (new Thanksgiving tradition). I would post pictures, but I haven't uploaded them from my camera yet and don't want to right now.

Michael is currently installing a new light/vent/heater thing in our bathroom (the result of buying a 1969 house... sometimes things stop working), so I should probably go help him. Or maybe just watch him. Or I might just go say hi and then leave and watch TV.

1 comment:

  1. You need to share how to cook salmon. I have never done that...I know, lame. We eat a lot of tilapia, but never salmon. Unless you count the stuff in the can and that is just gross! (But I do have two left over in my pantry...probably from Y2K...I just keep moving those two cans around). Do you buy it fresh? See, I have no clue...

    ReplyDelete