Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Home Tour: Part 2

I know, the suspense has been killing you (please sense the sarcasm)... it is now time for beds and baths, and... beyonds?  


I'll start with the third bedroom, but it isn't a bedroom.
The right side is mine- serves as the music room and is where I teach lessons and such.  The mirrors are for voice students (you singer nerds know the functionality).  We bought the piano from our old church for $100 (HUGE blessing- it is FAR above $100 quality!), and I use an old organ bench that I bought for $20 from a thrift store and repainted.  Mona Lisa stares at my students and freaks them out (and I actually bought it from the Louvre!). And invariably, you'll find sheet music and books scattered around.
The left side is mostly Michael's- the office, of course.  The chest  belonged to my great-granny; it was all uglyish, and my dad refinished it and gave it to me when I was 15 or so.  Pretty special.  The "mural" contains two wedding pictures, a clock, our names/meaning set that our former pastor's wife gave us as a wedding gift, and photos I took of the Neuchwanstein castle, a Venetian gondola, and Martin Luther's church.  Now here's a game- pick them all out!  Oh, and I've had that lava lamp since I was nine years old- durable!  And, most importantly (ha), the pod chair is my favorite-ever Ikea purchase.  Bookshelf and desk are from WalMart.

Bathroom time!  Wait, that didn't sound too appealing...
Master Bath! WalMart shower curtain- I love green.  Plus, nothing else went with all the weird off colors in there (you can't see the ugly floor and cabinets).  Also, let's just pretend that the shower curtain is ironed, okay?


And here's our bedroom.
We didn't have nightstands, but we did have some random baskets, so... the nightstands on both sides are different basket-y things.  I hate clutter, and baskets of course have no drawers, so there's a smaller basket on top of the baskets to hold stuff like the Nook, reading glasses, remotes, etc.
I was in the middle of packing... I don't usually have piles of clothes on the floor and hanging from the walls, I promise.




Now on to the guest bathroom, which is one of my butterfly rooms (there will always be butterflies in my house!).  Nothing too special here otherwise, just butterflies.

And last but not least, the guest bedroom!  I call this the "pretty room"... creative, right?  I decided to embrace the whole white-wall thing (usually in my mind, white walls=bleah).  Lanterns are from our wedding reception, bedding and lamp from Target, nightstand from a flea market (repainted).











The three pictures on the wall are of doors and arches (took them all in Europe), mirrors are a set from Target, forgot where the key is from (I like keys), curtain is from Target, table is from a flea market, and the bamboo and flowers were from our wedding reception decor.

















Well, folks, this concludes our over-detailed mini-series on house decor!  It's ok if you just looked at the pictures and didn't read the words... I'm not offended ;)


The next post will probably be about Disney World or the Bahamas, because....
THAT'S WHERE I'M GOING TOMORROW!!!!!!  I'M MORE EXCITED THAN A 5 YEAR-OLD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment