Tuesday, January 6, 2009

treecicles

I've decided to take up blogging again.  I've liked it in the past.  It was useful in China and I found that some people actually read it.  Read it or not, but it's good outlet.  I have focus issues though, so I can't be expected to stay on track.  Just a warning.

So... today.
I walked to work (in my pj's) today because I left my car at church.  It was way colder than I expected and the trees were starting to turn into treecicles.  After a long hard day of doing nothing and watching tv and hanging out with two of my favorite kids (hard job, I know, but someone has to do it), I hitchhiked home.  
There was still the problem of the car being stuck at church.  So Michael came to the rescue and took me out there and we found my car covered in ice.  I mean seriously, was it not like 70 degrees a few days ago?  How ridiculous.  Anyway, he chiseled the ice off my car so I wouldn't crash and die going home.
Christmas is in the process of leaving our house.  I hate this time of year- Christmas leaves and school comes and it's yucky and cold outside and you don't even have Christmas cheer to warm your spirit and the dread of the return of school makes your heart freeze over and turn black and die.  I hate school, by the way.  You probably couldn't tell.  Also I hate being cold.  I like black, though, just not as a heart color.  I like for my heart to be warm and... heart-colored.  
I refuse to take down my Christmas tree or my sparkly snowflakes yet.  You can't make me.  

Verse of the day: "We will lovingly follow the truth at all times- speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly- and so be more and more in every way like Christ..." (Ephesians 4:15)

2 comments:

  1. My b-day is Jan 9th and I always refuse to take my Christmas stuffs till after that. We got back to Germany yesterday and was welcomed with about 5 inches of fluffy snow. Pretty but coooold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Christmas is leaving. Don't get me wrong. I love Christmas, but there was something about this year that made it not as pleasant. I think it may have been the cats constantly harassing the trees...

    ReplyDelete